12 August, 2013

Decisions, decisions...

The main idea behind my favourite film, Mr. Nobody, is that one "correct" path of life doesn't exist, and there are no right or wrong decisions. It doesn't really matter what we choose, it doesn't make our life less meaningful, just different. Having seen that film way too many times, I should have learnt something by now. And yet, I'm really bad when it comes to making choices.

I remember how I was facing a dilemma about D and A, and, spending a lovely day in Edinburgh with my future flatmates J and L, couldn't stop thinking (and talking) about it. Until I settle down with one thing out of the possibilities, I'm unhappy with myself. Back then, it turned out that J was right: if you can't decide between two people, probably neither of them is the way to go. Now, however, a crossroad I'll be very likely soon finding myself in is different, it's about places to work at, and even though I'm not even sure that I'll have to make a choice (it might be that my university timetable doesn't leave me with enough hours at one of the places), I'm perplexed.

via nishaantishu
This is the main reason I can't wait for this week to be over. Everything will be clear afterwards, and whatever happens, I'll hopefully feel more content than I am just now. Also, I'll be moving to our new flat at last, and while I've been really excited about that, at the moment it's just another headache more than anything else. The only good thing is that at least I have certain time guidelines about when this all should end. Behind the clouds, the sun is still shining, and it will come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment